After analyzing 2.2 million+ bylined articles in Finance via our VoiceGraph index, we found a continuing trend toward longer articles. In the period from 2014-2019, the percentage of long-form Finance articles (those over 1,500 words) nearly doubled, although about half of all Finance articles were still short and sweet (300-600 words).
When we looked at word count data across other major industries, we found Finance to be close to the average for major industries in each word count range.
Download our ebook to see more data insights on:
- Which word count ranges get 3x more traffic than others?
- Which word count ranges had the least number of “0 shares” on social media?
- What is the distribution of articles in Finance categories?
- What are the typical article word counts in the Finance industry?
- How does Finance compare to other industries?
- How have Finance article word counts changed?
Word count ranges studied:
Also see: Word Count Trends in 25+ Industries: VoiceGraph Data Study of 24,600,000+ Articles