Are you looking to double down on your content outsourcing but unsure which content agency to partner with?
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
In this guide, we’ll compare and contrast two content solution services: ClearVoice and Skyword. We’ll cover the features of each, their pros and cons, and which platform is the right fit for your business.
What is Skyword?
First up is Skyword. Skyword is a content marketing company that provides a range of services for brands of all sizes. It bases its content management on five principles:
Skyword helps with content strategy, development, audits, and optimization. They will walk you through the steps of planning content marketing campaigns, including:
- Brand voice and guidelines development
- Competitor analysis
- Talent recruitment and management
- Workflow creation
- Audience research
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) tracking
Skyword enforces a three-step editorial process to ensure quality: brand voice check, copyediting, and final proofreading.
Skyword’s content solutions are used for various projects, including blog posts, eBooks, podcasts, case studies, social media posts, and more. They also have a range of services, like:
- Content strategy
- Editorial & creative
- Data & insights
- Training & support
What is ClearVoice?
ClearVoice is a content agency that balances high-quality content creation with expert strategy. We customize our service to your brand depending on your needs and budget.
When you partner with ClearVoice, we use our vast network of expert freelancers to match you with the best possible creators to help execute your goals. Our talent managers rigorously vet every freelancer who applies to our network, verifying their credentials and experience.
We thrive on balancing content with management. Our team oversees all of the content creation, ensuring each piece is crafted with your brand’s mission in mind. We also believe in transparency. You’re welcome to monitor and track your content on our platform as it develops.
We also offer a wealth of additional resources, including:
- Technical audits
- SEO strategy
- Content audits
- Keyword research & planning
- Buyer persona creation
- Website optimization
- Customized content roadmaps
- And more
All in all, we combine the best of both worlds when it comes to outsourcing. We take care of hiring freelancers while also providing a robust support system within our content agency to scale your content effectively. It’s one of the things that makes us stand out among other content agencies.
To get started, you can talk to one of our strategists to see if we’re the right fit for you.
ClearVoice vs. Skyword
Skyword and ClearVoice help businesses outsource content to vetted freelancers. However, there are some key differences between the platforms. Let’s break them down.
- Strong strategy services
- Good range of additional tools
- Easy content management
- Analytics tracking
- Produces a variety of content
- Less emphasis on content creation
- Complicated pricing
- Limited customer support
- Personalized customization
- Rigorously vetted freelancers
- Expert content oversight and management
- Robust additional resources
- Streamlined workflow
- Holistic approach
- Strong customer support
- Pricing depends on what you want
- You have to do some legwork
Who is Skyword best for?
Skyword is a good option for companies looking to emphasize strategy and flexibility in their outsourcing. They have a full range of additional tools, allowing you to proactively manage your content’s production via their platform. For example, their Skyword Enterprise Planner lets you create and manage content tasks through an interactive content calendar.
They’re also happy to work with you on specifying your buyer personas and the stages of the buyer’s journey where you need content. Their additional services can also enrich your campaign planning with keywords, competitor data, and multilingual SEO recommendations.
Some additional Skyword campaign management features are:
- Customizable user roles: Set access permissions and create role-based workflows
- Skyword Ideation Management: Organize content ideas and writer submissions on one page
- Build custom templates: Prepare content templates that match your content channels for consistent branding
- Publish directly to your website: Connect your CMS to your Skyword account for direct post publishing
- Track analytics: Use Skyword Analytics or pull data from Google Analytics to measure your content marketing ROI
Who is ClearVoice best for?
ClearVoice is your choice if you’re looking for a holistic balance between content creation and strategy. Our managed content creation services follow a complete lifecycle approach. Meaning we partner with you from ideation and strategy to creation and distribution. We create high-quality content at scale while ensuring it maintains your brand voice and style.
ClearVoice’s dynamic content calendar also offers you granular control over your content assignments and deadlines. Our dashboard provides a streamlined overview of your campaigns, messages, and platform activities.
We’re also the choice if you’re looking to elevate your strategy. Our robust additional services, like SEO audits and content roadmaps, can help you drive your brand’s growth and success.
Here are some additional campaign management features:
- Actionable CV portfolios: Shift from talent discovery to production by sending assignments straight from a freelancer’s ClearVoice profile
- Automated payments: Skip invoices and pay writers directly so you can focus on growth
- Copyscape integration: Ensure you get 100 percent original content with potential plagiarism alerts — powered by Copyscape
- Build custom teams: Create unlimited content groups for in-house writers, freelancers, or a combination of both
- Freelancer management tools: Receive content pitches, view transparent freelancer ratings, and communicate through in-app messaging
- Direct publishing: Use the ClearVoice API to enable integrated publishing for WordPress, HubSpot, and other CMS platforms
Bottom line, ClearVoice is best for companies:
- Looking to access the best creators and consultants in one place
- Serious about the content strategy and creation process
- Ready to achieve short or long-term growth goals with support
Q: What is the main difference between ClearVoice vs. Skyword?
A: ClearVoice primarily focuses on a holistic balance between content creation and strategy. Skyword emphasizes content strategy and management tools.
Q: How does ClearVoice vet its freelancers?
A: ClearVoice uses its talent managers to rigorously vet freelancers by verifying their identity credentials and experience to ensure they match the client’s needs.
Q: What additional resources does ClearVoice offer to enhance content marketing efforts?
A: ClearVoice provides technical audits, SEO strategy, content audits, keyword research, buyer persona creation, and content roadmaps (and more) to support content marketing campaigns.
Q: How does Skyword ensure content quality and consistency?
A: Skyword uses a three-step editorial process that includes:
- A brand voice check
- Final proofreading
It also allows for making custom templates to ensure consistent branding across different content channels.
Q: Who should opt for ClearVoice?
A: ClearVoice is ideal for companies serious about creating content and seeking high-quality creators, specialists, and strategy support.
Q: How do I know which service is right for me?
A: It depends on what you need. If you need more help deciding, connect with us; we’re happy to discuss it with you.
Ready to Start Outsourcing Your Content?
When picking your content partner, having as much knowledge as possible is essential. Hopefully, this breakdown brings some clarity. Either company could be a good fit for you. It just depends on what you’re looking for.
If you need help deciding, we’re here. Connect with one of our specialists to see if we’re right for you. We’ll help you create high-performing content marketing campaigns in no time.