Content marketing continues to be a lynchpin for successful brand strategies. But the way to do it right and what works best is constantly evolving.
Whether you’re refining your strategy or mapping out a new one, these content marketing 2024 stats will help power your business’s success in the coming year.
Account-based marketing statistics
Account-based marketing (ABM) uses highly targeted campaigns to turn prospects into customers. ABM offers personalized, focused campaigns tailored to the interests and needs of prospects. As a result, ABM has gained popularity in recent years and continues to grow.
Here are some important content marketing 2024 statistics related to ABM:
- 97% of marketers who use ABM say it delivers a higher ROI than other marketing activities. (WARC)
- 94% of B2B marketers use ABM (WebFX)
- 80% of marketers intend to increase their ABM budget. (LinkedIn)
- An ABM strategy can increase marketing revenue by 208%. (WARC)
- By 2023, the global ABM market will reach just short of $2 billion. (Research and Markets)
Artificial intelligence statistics
AI exploded in 2023. Content marketers are already using artificial intelligence and automation in their content production.
Chatbots, automated email, predictive analytics, and generative AI tools like ChatGPT and Google’s Bard save you time and resources. However, make sure you have human oversight in place. If you’re unsure how to incorporate AI into your business, read our comprehensive guide on AI-driven content creation.
Here are some critical AI statistics related to content marketing:
- 84% of digital marketing leaders believe AI helps with personalization. (Zippia)
- 82% of marketers say AI has impacted how they plan to create content. (Hubspot)
- 79% of businesses say AI has contributed to revenue increases in their marketing and sales departments. (Zippia)
- 76% of marketers using generative AI say they use it for basic content creation and copywriting. (Insider Intelligence)
- 61% of marketers say that AI is the most essential aspect of their data strategy. (Forbes)
SEO is still alive. In fact, the future of SEO in 2024 looks strong.
SEO is essential to ranking on that coveted first page of Google’s search results. The better your SEO content strategy, the better your chance of doing that. SEO strategies include keyword research, backlinking, and building topical authority.
Here are some vital SEO content marketing statistics:
- 93% of web experiences begin on a search engine (DemandSage)
- 88% of marketers will increase or maintain their SEO investment (Hubspot)
- 75% of marketers cited SEO as their best-performing content strategy (Semrush)
- 75% of people never go past the first search results page (DemandSage)
- 49% of marketers say that organic search has the best ROI (Search Engine Journal)
These days, audiences are expecting a unique, individual experience. Content personalization uses user patterns and behavior data to tailor content specifically to meet an audience’s needs.
One of the best ways to achieve that is through creating buyer personas that separate your audience into segments. They help marketers communicate with their audience more effectively.
Here are some significant personalization statistics:
- 97% of marketers are using customer data in their decision-making (Statista)
- 80% of companies rate personalization as critical to business growth (Adobe)
- 80% of consumers are more likely to buy from a company that provides a tailored experience (Slideshare)
- 80% of marketers that use audience segmentation report increased sales (NotifyVisitors)
- Marketers using buyer personas enjoy 73% higher conversions than those without. (Startups Magazine)
Podcast marketing statistics
Podcast marketing has become increasingly popular as a way to reach highly engaged audiences with long-form content. According to an Edison Research study, 70% of Americans age 12 and older have listened to online audio in the past week.
Here are some crucial content marketing statistics related to podcast marketing:
- Over 62% of U.S. consumers listen to podcasts (Statista)
- By 2024, there will be over 109 million U.S. podcast listeners. (Oberlo)
- 84% of podcast ads are dynamic (Spiralytics)
- 82% of marketers plan on investing the same or more into podcasts moving forward (Hubspot)
- Podcast revenue is expected to reach $4 billion in 2024 (IAB)
Social media statistics
Social media has become integral to content marketing, allowing businesses to reach and engage with their target audience in new and innovative ways.
For example, Instagram and TikTok are becoming the first choice for search, with younger users who prefer those platforms over Google Search and Google Maps.
Here are some interesting content marketing statistics related to social media:
- Over 90% of brands use social media marketing (Engati)
- 76% of social media users have purchased something they saw on social media (Forbes)
- 73% of marketers say social media has been somewhat or very effective for their business. (Zippia)
- 60% of TikTok users are Gen Z. (Wallaroo)
- Social media ad spending is expected to cross $300 billion in 2024 (Statista)
Video marketing statistics
Video marketing has become an increasingly important component of content marketing strategies. In fact, it’s dominating. According to the Digital Marketing Institute, more than half of marketers say video is the most valuable type of content.
Here are some essential video content marketing 2024 statistics you should know:
- 91% of brands use video as a marketing tool. (Hubspot)
- 90% of marketers say video has helped generate leads. (Wyzowl)
- In 2023, online video accounted for 82.5% of all web traffic. (DemandSage)
- 87% of marketers say video has a direct, positive impact on sales (Wyzowl)
- 91% of consumers want to see more online videos from brands (Hubspot)
How to Use These Content Marketing 2024 Numbers
Being ready for the future of content marketing means understanding what’s happening now and what’s to come. These statistics will give you a sense of the landscape.
With content marketing trends shifting so rapidly, trying to keep up can feel frustrating. Whether you’re looking to improve one area of your content marketing or overhaul your entire strategy for 2024, ClearVoice has you covered.