Content marketing is still driving success for companies that do it right. But the way to do it right, and what works best, is constantly evolving.
Several content marketing areas expect significant growth and change in 2023. These include account-based marketing, artificial intelligence, local SEO, persona marketing, podcast marketing, social media, and video marketing.
Here are some key content marketing statistics to keep in mind when crafting your content marketing strategy for 2023:
Account-based marketing statistics
Account-based marketing (ABM) uses highly targeted campaigns to turn prospects into customers. ABM offers personalized, focused campaigns tailored to the interests and needs of prospects. As a result, ABM has gained popularity in recent years and is likely to continue to grow.
Here are some important 2023 content marketing statistics related to ABM:
- 46% of B2B marketers are still experimenting with piloting, measuring, and refining their ABM approach. (KO Marketing)
- 80% of marketers intend to increase their ABM budget. (LinkedIn)
- 97% of marketers who use ABM say it delivers a higher ROI than other marketing activities. (WARC)
- A good ABM strategy can increase marketing revenue by 208%. (WARC)
- By 2023, the global ABM market will reach just short of $2 billion. (Research and Markets)
Artificial intelligence statistics
Savvy content marketers are already using artificial intelligence and automation.
For example, chatbots, automated email, and new AI tools like ChatGPT and Google’s Bard help marketers save time and resources. This time savings allows them to concentrate their efforts elsewhere. Additional uses for AI tools include attention metrics that analyze the success of campaigns, Forbes says.
Here are some critical content marketing statistics related to AI that you should know for 2023:
- 61% of marketers say that AI is the most essential aspect of their data strategy. (Forbes)
- 79% of surveyed businesses say AI has contributed to revenue increases in their marketing and sales departments. (Zippia)
- 84% of digital marketing leaders believe AI helps with personalization. (Zippia)
- By 2023, 33% of large organizations will have analysts practicing decision intelligence. Combining AI and other advanced analytics techniques to improve decision-making. (Gartner)
- The AI market size value will reach $196.63 billion in 2023. (Grandview Research)
Local SEO statistics
Local SEO is an essential aspect of content marketing, especially for businesses that rely on local customers. Search Engine Land reports that about 49% of consumers want to buy from businesses with a local presence making local SEO tactics essential for success.
Here are some vital local SEO content marketing statistics for 2023:
- 64% of consumers use Google My Business to find business addresses. (FinancesOnline)
- 78% of local searches result in an offline conversion. (Safari Digital)
- 97% of people find out more about a local company online than by any other means. (SEO Tribunal)
- The average time to see ROI-positive results from Local SEO is 4.76 months. (Safari Digital)
- Up to 40% of organic search traffic is for location-based businesses. (Search Engine Land)
Persona marketing statistics
Persona marketing is the practice of creating content that fits the specific interests, preferences, and behaviors of different buyer personas.
Here are some significant persona marketing statistics for 2023:
- Customer-centric companies are 60% more profitable than those that aren’t. (Deloitte)
- Companies that use persona marketing have made websites 2-5 times more effective and easier to use by targeted users. (HubSpot)
- Marketers who use buyer personas enjoy 73% higher conversions than those who don’t. (Startups Magazine)
- 82% of organizations that use personas have an improved value proposition. (Notify Visitors)
- Personalization reduces organizations’ marketing and sales costs by 10-20%. (McKinsey)
Podcast marketing statistics
Whether comedy, politics, true crime, or other genres, podcast listenership keeps growing. Podnews says 42% of Americans listen to at least one podcast a month, up from just 12% in 2013.
Podcast marketing has become increasingly popular as a way to reach highly engaged audiences with long-form content.
Here are some crucial content marketing statistics related to podcast marketing that you should know for 2023:
- 31% of the U.S. population has listened to a podcast in the past week. (Edison Research)
- 46% of monthly podcast listeners do not mind podcast ads. (Edison Research)
- 64% of podcast listeners tune in while driving. (Forbes)
- By 2023, there will be over 103 million podcast listeners in the U.S. (eMarketer)
- There are over 5 million podcasts with over 70 million episodes between them. (DemandSage)
Social media statistics
Social media has become an integral part of content marketing allowing businesses to reach and engage with their target audience in new and innovative ways.
For example, Instagram and TikTok are becoming the first choice for search with younger users. Younger generations prefer it over Google Search and Google Maps, TechCrunch says.
Here are some interesting content marketing statistics related to social media for 2023:
- 69% of marketers use social media to build brand awareness. (G2)
- 73% of marketers say social media has been somewhat or very effective for their business. (Zippia)
- 93% of marketers use Facebook, the most-used platform. (G2)
- As of January 2023, 4.76 billion people worldwide are social media users. (Statista)
- Social media ad spending will reach $268.7 billion by 2023 (Statista)
Video marketing statistics
Video marketing has become an increasingly important component of content marketing strategies.
Creating videos can help to engage and drive people to your website or brand. In fact, more than half of marketers say video is the most valuable type of content, according to the Digital Marketing Institute.
Here are some essential video content marketing statistics that you should know for 2023:
- In 2023, online video will account for 82.5% of all web traffic. (DemandSage)
- 88% of people say they’ve made purchases because they’ve watched Rand’s video. (Wyzowl)
- 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. (Wyzowl)
- 66% of B2C marketers use video marketing. (SerpWatch)
- 78% of marketers plan to invest in video in 2023. (Content Marketing Institute)
How you can use the numbers
Being ready for the future of content marketing means understanding what’s happening now and what’s to come.
Whether you want to incorporate AI, boost your social media presence, or improve your content marketing, these statistics can provide valuable insights.
If you’re ready to cash in on the latest content marketing trends, ClearVoice can help. Book a strategy session and prepare to take your content marketing efforts to the next level.