The benefits of local SEO can’t be overstated.
With the right strategies, content marketing for local SEO can help businesses with physical locations generate both web and foot traffic.
While businesses from almost any sector can benefit from having a strong local SEO strategy, certain industries stand to benefit more than others.
What are the benefits of local SEO?
Compared to traditional SEO, local SEO targets searchers who need services or products near their area. It relies on local keywords that usually include specific locations, such as:
- Home repair and remodeling, Tucson, AZ
- Carpet cleaning services, Los Angeles
- Emergency vet, Rochester, NY
- Thai restaurant, Walnut Creek, CA
- Running shoe store, Atlanta, GA
Local SEO also helps optimize websites for “near me” searches. These involve keywords for users seeking out nearby businesses.
For example, instead of searching for “PC parts store Seattle,” searchers can use “PC parts store near me” in their query instead.
In addition to attracting a local audience, here are seven other benefits of local SEO:
- Optimize for mobile users. “Near me” searches grew popular as people became accustomed to voice searches. Rather than typing long, unnatural keywords, people use voice search for queries like, “Where is the nearest perfume shop?”
- Garner ratings and reviews. Local SEO lets you appear in local search features like Google Maps. This allows customers to write reviews and leave star ratings, which are effective in winning the audience’s trust.
- Highlight essential business details. Google’s local search results can present important business information, like your phone number and an exact address. This accelerates the conversion process by providing customers with the information they need to take action.
- Get more conversions. Statistics show that local search queries have a conversion rate of 80%. That’s because local keywords, particularly “near me” keywords, are often used when customers are ready to transact.
- Build your authority in a local market. Landing on the top spot of local search results makes your brand more recognizable to the community. This builds buyer confidence, grows your market share, and unlocks partnership opportunities with other local brands.
- Open other revenue streams. Increasing local traffic makes your website a more attractive space for advertisers. You can also make money through sponsored posts, premium content sales, and in-store collaborations.
- Make the most out of your SEO dollars. Since local SEO targets narrowed-down keywords, you avoid competing against bigger brands with deeper pockets. Local SEO can also improve visibility even without expensive link-building campaigns.
How does local SEO work with organic SEO?
Local SEO and traditional SEO work hand in hand in generating organic traffic.
Both local and organic SEO help websites rank in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). Local SEO, however, provides the opportunity to appear in other Google products—namely Google Maps and the “Local Pack.”
The Local Pack is a rich snippet that shows a map followed by a list of top-rated businesses in the area.
For example, here’s the Local Pack for the search query: “dentists in Boston.”
Image Source: Google.com
Of course, not all search engine users head straight to the Local Pack.
Most users still refer to the top 10 organic results when researching businesses. If you focus on both local and organic SEO, users have multiple ways to discover your brand.
Which industries should prioritize local SEO?
At this point, you already know how local SEO works, why it matters, and what makes it different from traditional SEO.
This leaves only one question: Who should prioritize local SEO?
Without further ado, here are the top local SEO industries that should prioritize their local market:
1. Small restaurants
Small restaurants systematically win over customers from bigger chains through local SEO.
Picture diners arriving at their preferred restaurant—only to find out that it’s packed or closed. With Google, they’re likely to conduct a local search to find alternatives.
Local SEO can also help your restaurant reach potential customers who crave your cuisine. You just need to target the right keywords and encourage feedback through Google reviews.
2. Emergency services
Proximity matters most for customers who urgently require repairs, healthcare, towing, and other emergency services.
Local SEO lets you be there for customers when they need you the most. Ensure you include clear descriptions of your services. Also, be sure to include keywords like “emergency,” “on call,” and “helpline.”
3. Real estate agencies
If you run a real estate agency, local SEO makes your office and properties searchable to prospects.
Even without an authoritative brand in the real estate industry, properties can sell themselves through value and location. Be sure to take steps to ensure you appear on Google Maps and organic listings.
4. Professional services
Lawyers, event planners, marketing consultants, and other professional service providers can leverage local SEO to attract clients.
In addition to discoverability, local—sprinkled with content marketing—will help build your credibility and expertise.
You can publish high-quality, informative articles to showcase your knowledge and attain organic rankings. Local SEO can also bring traffic if you promote your website on your Google Business Profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of businesses need local SEO?
Regardless of size, businesses that serve customers from a physical location need local SEO best practices to generate foot traffic. Some examples are restaurants, law firms, pet care services, and retail stores.
Which industry needs SEO the most?
With the right strategies, industries with massive demand in the online search space greatly benefit from SEO. Startups and affiliate marketers also can also grow through SEO without investing a hefty sum in paid promotions.
Who benefits from local SEO?
In addition to businesses with a physical location, local SEO also benefits small-medium businesses that can’t compete globally. Consumers also ultimately benefit from local SEO since they discover businesses that can cater to their needs.
Which business is likely to benefit most from local SEO practices?
Businesses with high-profit margins from products and services benefit the most from local SEO. Medical practitioners, for example, generate a lot of revenue from local patients that urgently require their services.
Dominate local search with ClearVoice
Local SEO isn’t meant to be difficult. But with countless businesses scrambling to dominate local search, you need a team with the skills, experience, and dedication to win.
That’s what ClearVoice is here for.
ClearVoice’s network of content experts can help you through every step of generating content for your local SEO—from local keyword research to content production.
Get started with our SEO services today!