After analyzing 200,000+ bylined articles in Home & Garden via our VoiceGraph index, we found a shift toward longer articles happening more rapidly than in other industries. In the period from 2014-2019, the percentage of all long-form articles (those over 1500 words) had the highest rate of growth — more than tripling — while the shortest articles (those 300-600 words) dropped significantly.
Download our ebook to see more data insights on:
- Which word count ranges get 3x more traffic than others?
- Which word count ranges had the least number of “0 shares” on social media?
- What is the distribution of articles in Home & Garden categories?
- What are the typical article word counts in the Home & Garden industry?
- How does Home & Garden compare to other industries?
- How have Home & Garden article word counts changed?
Word count ranges studied: