After analyzing 169,000+ bylined articles in Beauty via our VoiceGraph index, we found a dramatic shift toward longer articles. In the period 2014-2019, the percentage of articles with 1,200+ words more than doubled, while the relative production of the shortest articles (those 300-600 words) dropped by 21 percent.
When we looked at word count data across other major industries in 2019, we found Beauty articles skewed longer than most industries on average, though still noticeably shorter than Health articles, which tend to require more in-depth expertise.
Download our ebook to see more data insights on:
- Which word count ranges get 3x more traffic than others?
- Which word count ranges had the least number of “0 shares” on social media?
- What is the distribution of articles in the five main Beauty categories?
- What are the typical article word counts in the Beauty industry?
- How does Beauty compare to other industries?
- How have Beauty article word counts changed?
Word count ranges studied:
Also see: Word Count Trends in 25+ Industries: VoiceGraph Data Study of 24,600,000+ Articles