“Cabela’s is a strong brand with a history of smart marketing. They recognized that organic search was an open opportunity and invested in internal and external resources to ensure they remained visible. Working with them to design a strategy was a lot of fun, and the results have been outstanding.” – Joe Griffin, ClearVoice Founder
Cabela’s needed to develop a multifaceted content marketing strategy to boost search rankings and drive sales. This prominent and beloved brand had a strong-performing site, but traffic and revenue from organic search were trending down.
ClearVoice developed a comprehensive SEO content creation strategy focused on creating, optimizing, and distributing to improve Cabela’s search rankings and grow revenue.
We developed a content creation plan that:
- Mapped the right keywords to the correct pages.
- Worked with UX to get user-friendly, SEO-optimized copy.
- Optimized internal linking and focused on pages fit for ranking.
- Performed a competitive content analysis and uncovered content opportunities.
- Developed relationships with the leading publishers in the outdoor space.
- Worked with expert outdoor freelancers for hire to create engaging content.
- Launched Camp Cabela’s, a resource page with premium content.
- Created infographics designed to improve engagement and shares.
Cabela’s organic search increased by 20% in one year. Rankings across thousands of keywords improved, leading to significant incremental search traffic. Several of Cabela’s most important pages shot up to #1 in Google. Year-over-year traffic increased 19% overall.
11,648 of Cabela’s tracked keywords ranking increased by 20.3%.
Further, 758 tracked keywords had page one rankings. 1,036 had page one rankings, a 36.7%.
Sr. Manager Digital Marketing