After analyzing 1.6 million+ bylined articles in Software & Technology via our VoiceGraph index, we found a continuing trend toward longer articles. In the period from 2014-2019, the percentage of all long-form articles (those over 1,500 words) had the highest rate of growth. Articles over 3,000 words more than doubled.
Download our ebook to see more data insights on:
- Which word count ranges get 3x more traffic than others?
- Which word count ranges had the least number of “0 shares” on social media?
- What is the distribution of articles in Software & Technology categories?
- What are the typical article word counts in the Software & Technology industry?
- How does Software & Technology compare to other industries?
- How have Software & Technology article word counts changed?
Word count ranges studied: