Universities and nonprofits share two major challenges: recruiting students or supporters and raising funds to fuel their mission. Falling short in either goal can significantly affect the quality and effectiveness of their programs by tightening already limited budgets.
So how do nonprofits choose the most cost-effective strategies in an ever-changing media landscape? One goal of our ebook, “Content Marketing Best Practices: Higher Education and Nonprofits,” is to show you how content marketing can elevate awareness, increase recruitment and bolster fundraising efforts.
Not only is content marketing more cost-effective than traditional marketing, but it also works better. If you’re still not sure it’s the right answer for your institution, please consider this statistic:
Content marketing costs 62 percent less than outbound marketing and generates three times as many leads per dollar spent. (Source: Demand Metric).
To get perspective, brush up on the fundamental elements of a sound content strategy — and see who in the field is succeeding at theirs. Also read our companion article on how to authentically tell your stories, with tips from Elizabeth Chey, an international nonprofit consultant and grant writer.
In our 68-page ebook dedicated to education and nonprofits, you will:
- Learn how to overcome common challenges.
- Review the eight key steps in building a successful content strategy.
- Break down different types of content for: blogging, video, email campaigns, Facebook, Twitter, newsletters, contests, online courses, webinars, influencer programs and infographics.
- See examples of who’s winning with content in the higher eduction and nonprofit sectors.
- Get tips for winning strategies, tools and resources to use in developing each type of content.