After analyzing 171,000+ bylined articles in Retail via our VoiceGraph index, we found a continuing trend toward longer, especially medium-length, articles in the period 2014-2019. Although more than 80% of articles at the end of the period were still 900 words and under, articles in the 1501-2000 word range more than doubled in the same time period.
When we looked at word count data across other major industries in 2019, we found Retail articles to be significantly shorter on average. Only Entertainment articles skewed shorter in length overall.
Download our ebook to see more data insights on:
- Which word count ranges get 3x more traffic than others?
- Which word count ranges had the least number of “0 shares” on social media?
- What is the distribution of articles in Retail categories?
- What are the typical article word counts in the Retail industry?
- How does Retail compare to other industries?
- How have Retail article word counts changed?
Word count ranges studied:
Also see: Word Count Trends in 25+ Industries: VoiceGraph Data Study of 24,600,000+ Articles