After analyzing 630,000+ bylined articles in Food & Beverage via our VoiceGraph index, we found a marked shift away from the shortest articles (those 300-600 words), with a drop of 23 percent over five years. In the period 2014-2019, the segment of longest articles (those over 2000 words) had the fastest relative rate of growth compared to other word count ranges — more than doubling
When we looked at word count data from 1.2 million articles published across other major industries in 2019, we found that Food & Beverage articles were about average in terms of overall length, but the industry had the smallest percentage of the longest articles (those over 3000 words).
Download our ebook to see more data insights on:
- Which word count ranges get 3x more traffic than others?
- Which word count ranges had the least number of “0 shares” on social media?
- What is the distribution of articles in Food & Beverage categories?
- What are the typical article word counts in the Food & Beverage industry?
- How does Food & Beverage compare to other industries?
- How have Food & Beverage article word counts changed?
Word count ranges studied:
Also see: Word Count Trends in 25+ Industries: VoiceGraph Data Study of 24,600,000+ Articles