After analyzing 228,000+ bylined articles in Education via our VoiceGraph index, we found a continuing trend toward longer articles. In the period 2014-2019, the percentage of all long-form articles (those over 1500 words) had the highest rate of growth — more than doubling — while the shortest articles (those 300-600 words) had the most significant decline.
When we looked at word count data across other major industries in 2019, we found that Education had the lowest percentage of shortest articles (300-600 words) and the highest percentage of medium length articles (901-1500 words).
Download our ebook to see more data insights on:
- Which word count ranges get 3x more traffic than others?
- Which word count ranges had the least number of “0 shares” on social media?
- What is the distribution of articles in Education categories?
- What are the typical article word counts in the Education industry?
- How does Education compare to other industries?
- How have Education article word counts changed?
Word count ranges studied:
Also see: Word Count Trends in 25+ Industries: VoiceGraph Data Study of 24,600,000+ Articles