Often an afterthought, the tagging of blog posts in your content management system can become a jungle of meaningless identifiers if not executed properly. Help readers find and filter your content by employing a standard system to organize and tag your content.
Use our template as a starting point and follow these helpful tips:
- Align categories with top-level themes or topics at the core of your business.
- Align tags with keywords, locations, personas or functional filters.
- Define which topics, keywords and tags, in general, apply to which categories.
- Clarify the context for any special uses of categories or tags.
- Try to avoid as much overlap as possible between categories and tags.
- Don’t over-tag posts. Fewer, more accurate tags are better.