A case study is an valuable content asset that mature marketing organizations should develop for use in the sales cycle. To create an exemplary case study, you need clearly define expectations, determine key client-side contributors, and establish an approval process with your customer.
Case studies and customer success stories are vital to any mature suite of content marketing assets. Asking your customers or clients to relay how your brand helped them succeed is a powerful tool in telling your story.
We created a template to help you cover the key elements needed in crafting a case study for your brand. Just follow our set of several simple questions to ask your customer or client, with suggested word lengths to make a final PDF that is either one or two pages in length (depending on your design preferences).
Get started with our template and these key tips:
- Clearly communicate your expectations for the case study and how you will use it in your marketing.
- Establish the key contributors on the customer or client side: Who will be the spokesperson or spokespeople?
- Ask your customer or client for permission to use any related assets they might own (e.g., headshots, company photos).
- Always include your customer or client in the final approval process. Never publish without letting them review.
- Always be mindful of a customer’s or client’s time.